A majority of dropshipping businesses fail because they can’t filter out the right dropshipping trends and trending products to sell online. With plenty of products already available in the market, finding one that sells easily with high-profit margins is difficult, especially in such a competitive environment.
In such a scenario, the only way to make more money is to be unique, attentive, and experiment frequently.
How to Find Products to Dropship
Brainstorm Dropshipping Trends
Refrain from starting your business blindly. Your first picks could be from the products you personally like or the things you see while scrolling down social media. Using platforms like Google Trends can unleash new possibilities and help you in choosing the right product to invest in.
Write down the ideas, plan the strategy, and don’t hesitate to rethink. Don’t skip this step, as it provides a foundation for the next steps.
Potential of Social Media
There are over 100 million products on social media platforms and these products can easily be sorted by price, popularity, categories, etc. Pinterest and Instagram are often left untapped during research, but these platforms are valuable for extracting insights about the market and filtering out the currently in-demand and trending items.
Sign Up on these websites. Subscribe to different hashtags and pages. Observe what people like the most and add those things to your dropshipping list.When you keep yourself up to date with the dynamic needs and hobbies of the world and people around, you’ll subconsciously get an idea about the products that can generate considerable profit margins.
Observation Is The Key
Observe your surroundings, your workspace, and communities around you to explore what’s trending.Make a list of products that people can’t afford to live without. Categorize the needs and wants that can make life easier. Observe which products are hard to find in the supermarket. This is how you can make a difference by just observing smartly.
Start using your life events as a data generator for your product ideas. Stay conscious and make the best use of opportunities. Lots of product ideas can definitely come to mind while making a travel plan or planning a wedding event etc.
Once you adopt this routine, you’ll start to list out hundreds of products with high margins each day.
Stay active while filtering out the right products from your surroundings or your thoughts, as you will be continuously thinking about the best dropshipping products, you can lose some of the ideas in-between. To counter this error, you should carry a notebook and don’t forget to write what you think.
Keyword & Google Trends
Do not ignore the potential of Keyword tools and Google if you’re going to use Google Ads as a marketing medium or if you’re trying to optimize your page or site to increase traffic and reach.
Rethink your product and plan. Enter each product name and alternate names into the Google Keywords Analysis tool. The application will then automatically generate data about how competitive the keywords are. It will give you an idea about the overall competition in-between your product and profit.
Visit trends.google.com and repeat the same step here. Input the name or alternate name/slang of your product into the search bar and discover the insights of the trends with the help of search volume.
This practice will again help you to filter out which products or categories are currently trending. You can also check the demand for the ideas and products of your choice using these methodologies.
Trending Products To Sell In 2021
Below is the list of top trending products to sell in 2021.
- Portable Blender
- Spider Nail Gel
- Wireless Phone Chargers
- Face Shield
- Phone Lenses
- Inflatable Pet Collars
- Eyeshadow Stamp
- Strapless Backless Bra
- Child Wrist Leash
- Front Facing Baby Carrier
- Car Phone Holder
- Home Security IP Camera
- Wifi Repeater
- Drone Camera
- Posture Corrector
- Electric Soldering Iron Gun
- Pump Wedge Locksmith
- Bohemian Earrings
- Manicure Milling Drill Bit
- Flexible Garden Hose
- One Piece Swimsuit
- Fly Fishing Quick Knot Tool
- Breathable Mesh Running Shoes
- Waterproof Eyebrow Liner
- Non-contact Infrared Thermometer
- Cat Massage Comb
- Portable Electric Ionic Hairbrush – Summer Product
- PVC Inflatable Beer Pong Ball Table – Summer Product
- Home Ice Cream Makers – Summer Product
- Beach Towels – Summer Product
- Baby Kids Water Play Mat – Summer Product
- Pocket Scarves – Winter Product
- Winter Coats – Winter Product
- Shoe Dryer – Winter Product
- Touchscreen Gloves – Winter Product
- Waterproof Pants – Winter Product
- Bear Claws – Spring Products
- Hiking Backpacks – Spring Products
- Minimalist Wallets – Spring Products
- Waterproof Shoe Cover – Autumn (Fall) Product
- Hooded Raincoats – Autumn (Fall) Product
- Cable Chompers – Autumn (Fall) Product
- Plush Blankets – Autumn (Fall) Product
- Portable Car Vacuum
- Baby Swings
- Matcha Tea
- Eyebrow Razor
- Seat Cushions
- Phone Tripod
Salient Features Of The Top Trending Products To Sell In 2021
Below are the top characteristics of the best trending products to sell in 2021:
- Make sure that the product you have opted to sell is unique. It is difficult to find a similar clone of your product. Or, it should not be readily available in the local market. If your product is unique and purposeful at the same time, people will definitely show interest. It means the demand will go up.
- Make sure that consumers won’t be able to find the actual price or cost of the item you are selling. Most of the immature dropshippers are buying products from AliExpress or Amazon and selling these products online in their stores. Customers nowadays are smart and aware. Make sure that consumers won’t be able to find the actual price or cost of the item you are selling.
- You have to cash the opportunity of unavailability and demand. Make sure the product is not available within the country or region where you are operating. If a certain item is available easily then why will people consider shopping online?
- On average, drop shipping items range between $10 & $40, keep this price range in your mind before setting up high prices. This is because people can refrain from spending a higher amount on online shopping due to the fear of scams. With high prices, you will be making people skeptical and push them away. Customers will end up comparing prices on other online stores and buy from where the price is cheaper.
Categories for Trending Products to Sell In 2021
Now you have an idea about the characteristics of trending products, here is a list of those products that can increase your margin up to 300-400 percent in 2020-2021.
There are always some categories that can earn you more profit. People are always searching for these specific categories. Hence, some of these categories that promise the most sales are listed below.
Since everyone knows about these trending items. Some of these best selling products online may not turn out to be a profit generator for you. The reason is everyone following the same strategy. When everyone knows about top dropshipping trends and tends to sell trending dropshipping products, it increases the supply traffic and people will have a lot of options to buy, and sellers have a lot of competition to break. That’s why the list of trending categories of 2020-2021 is important to make a decision about the right dimension and choose the right product of your choice from the trending categories, which you think you can sell easily in your target market.
- Travel accessories
- Healthy and beauty products
- Health Care
- Skin Care
- Hobbies and Craft
- Lamps and Shades
- Mobile Accessories
- Pet products
- Fine jewelry
All the products can be sold easily on eCommerce stores like AliExpress, Amazon, and eBay. All these categories are rich in most sold products online and are currently trending everywhere. You can also make a profit out of these categories with the right strategy just as these eCommerce stores do.
As an eCommerce entrepreneur, you need to develop an efficient and transparent product selection process to filter out which items can actually earn you a profit for your startup.
People often start dropshipping with the trending but easily available product, which makes them lose their competitive advantage.
Filter out the trending products, search for availability and competition, and then decide accordingly what products to sell. A well-researched product and strategy can generate a high potential profit for your businesses or you’ll end up getting frustrated and leave the room as most entrepreneurs do.
Keep in mind, there always exists a space to learn and improve. Keep testing and improving and don’t be disappointed if you need to search for other ideas before you find success. This is where most of the people leave the room for dedicated ones.