Sr. Software QA/Automation Engineer
ShopDev is a full-service technology and design company specializing in software & product development and technology acceleration. We have 250+ employees working with enterprise clients and growth stage startups globally. We strategize, design, and build best-in-class digital products, transform teams, and co-create disruptive business models. We work as technology innovation partners with our clients, helping them adapt and thrive in the digital era.
About The Role:
We are seeking a highly motivated Sr. Software QA/Automation Engineer having 3+ years of experience, who will ensure that all software testing processes, methods, activities and work items are monitored and comply against the defined standards as per the project requirements. This is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience working for a growing technology company in a dynamic and fast global environment.
What you will be doing?
Your job as SQA Engineer incorporates all software test processes, starting from requirements definition to release in production following post-production support. Your prime goal will be to ensure the highest standards of quality and timely identification of bugs to be reported to developers and software engineers for the purpose of timely fix.
- Should be able to design, document and execute test cases.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Provide technical support during software installation or configuration.
- Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Evaluate or recommend software for testing or bug tracking.
- Document test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Collaborate with software developers and/or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Overall 3+ years of experience in software testing. Mandatory hands-on experience of 1+ year in automation/scripting.
- Previous experience both as a Test Automation and Manual SQA Engineer.
- Be experienced in understanding complex system/stakeholder requirements from relevant stakeholders to articulate Test Scenarios and Cases.
- Experienced in testing web services with HTTP, HTTPS, REST APIs, and JSON.
- Understanding of application integration services (e.g. Azure Event Hub, Google Pub/Sub etc.) within Cloud.
- Exposure to performance, scalability and load testing using tools like Gatling or JMeter.
- Understanding of programming languages such as Java, Python, SQL, C++ and XML.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
Why join ShopDev?
- When you start at ShopDev, you’ll get exposure to countless opportunities within the organization, and get to work on extremely exciting projects in an international setting.
- Work in an entrepreneurial setting that supports openness to innovative ideas.
- Work with highly intelligent and driven team members who display a high degree of initiative, motivation and flexibility.
- We offer a highly competitive salary, excellent benefits, health and insurance coverage, generous paid holidays, and life & work balance.
The full-time position will be based in Lahore at our company office, in a fast-paced, creative, young and collaborative startup environment.
Send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to hire immediately.