Sr. Data Engineer/Data Engineer
ShopDev is a full-service technology and design company specializing in software & product development and technology acceleration. We have 250+ employees working with enterprise clients and growth stage startups globally. We strategize, design, and build best-in-class digital products, transform teams, and co-create disruptive business models. We work as technology innovation partners with our clients, helping them adapt and thrive in the digital era.
About The Role:
At Shopdev, we love to craft high-end technology products for our clients. Our fast-paced Agile programming environment is exciting and well integrated, we work closely with industry experts to deliver meaningful experiences using the most cutting edge technology.
We are looking for a Sr. Data Engineer/Data Engineer with 2-3 years of experience – ideally in the E-Commerce domain. Data Engineers develop Data Warehouse solutions based on the analysis of business goals, objectives, needs, and existing data systems infrastructure. You will be participating in exciting projects covering the end-to-end data lifecycle – from raw data integrations with primary and third-party systems, through advanced data modeling, to state-of-the-art data visualization and development of innovative data products.
● Provide hands-on development within a team of Data Engineers, BI Analysts, Data Architects etc.
● Design and implementation of data products enabling data-driven features or business solutions.
● Work on Data warehousing projects and involve in supporting data modelling activities as part of building the data warehouse, Data Lake, Data Marts.
● Develop, implement, and optimize existing ETL processes that merge data from disparate sources for consumption by data analysts and scientists, business owners, and decisions makers.
● Development and testing of batch and real-time data pipelines using serverless and managed Cloud based services
● Facilitate data transformation, normalization, cleansing, aggregation, workflow management, and business rule application.
● Detect data quality issues, identify their root causes, implement fixes, and design data audits to capture issues.
● Building data dashboards and advanced visualizations for Cloud Data Platforms.
Job Requirements and Skills
● B.S. degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
● 2-3 years of overall work experience in core data engineering and BI Reporting. Strong skills in SQL.
● Experience with Cloud technologies such as Snowflake (utilities, SnowSQL, SnowPipe etc), Data Bricks, Stitch etc.
● Must have experience with one or more of BI Reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik View, Google Data Studio, Looker etc.
● Experience in Databases/Datawarehouses like Amazon Redshift, Google Big Query / Teradata / SQL Server etc.
● Strong experience in one or more ETL tools such as SSIS, Informatica, Talend, Tableau, DBT etc.
● Understanding of data modeling (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data warehouses, Data Marts, Data Lakes etc.).
● Data Integration and migration experience in on-premise and Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
Why join ShopDev?
● When you start at ShopDev, you’ll get exposure to countless opportunities within the organization, and get to work on extremely exciting projects in an international setting.
● We offer a highly competitive salary, excellent benefits, health and insurance coverage, generous paid holidays, and work-life balance.
● Work in an entrepreneurial setting that supports openness to innovative ideas.
● Work with highly intelligent and driven team members who display a high degree of initiative, motivation and flexibility.
The full-time position will be based in Lahore at our company office, in a fast-paced, creative, young and collaborative startup environment.