Senior PHP Developer
Job Description :
Full Stack Web Developer with a focus on backend technologies to continue to innovate and support one of the fastest growing ecommerce sites in the food delivery space. We have an immediate need for taking over development of the current site and implementing best practices for building and deploying updates in AWS. You would also serve as the technical resource for the digital team, supporting content management systems and integrations across the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Update and maintain current PHP (Laravel) site
● Assist with scoping, designing and implementing the next generation site
● Implementation and maintenance of Content Management Solution, including updates/patches/fixes, plugin research and possible development of custom solutions.
● Integrates data from various back-end services and databases with PHP.
● Gathers and refines specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
● Responsibility for maintaining, expanding, and scaling sites in AWS..
● Stays plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
● Provides development insight and direction to enhance website and digital projects and provide recommendations to the management teams.
● Define technical components within application life cycles – these include identifying risks, technical limitations and opportunities of each project.
● Creates clear process flow diagrams to explain complex technology interactions (flowcharts, block diagrams, etc.) Creates and maintains software documentation.
● Work with the project management team to communicate project updates, accurately create tasks for development efforts and assist with test case guidance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
● Strong experience and understanding of Conversion/CAC.
● Understanding of ADA compliance and implementation
● Comfortable with routine website maintenance as well as advocating and implementing new technologies.
● Natural ability to assess a need, identify the root problem, research and implement a digital solution. Demonstrated testing and debugging for supported OS and browser configurations.
● Proven working experience in web programming, including superior programming skills in PHP and MySQL.
● Solid understanding and experience with GIT/branching/Repo maintenance.
● In-depth knowledge of integrating multiple data resources into a unified, consumer-facing digital product (app, web site, etc.).
● Working knowledge with a variety of service technologies (REST, JSON, etc)
● Experience with SSO, SAML, MFA and other web security standards.
● Familiarity with modern and legacy HTML/CSS/JS.
● A solid understanding of how web applications work including ADA requirements, security, session management, and best development practices.
● Knowledge of database systems, including MySQL
● Familiarity with network diagnostics, network analytics tools, DNS, SSL, and other networking components.
● Knowledge of SEO technology best practices, including AMP.
● Ability to operate effectively with minimal supervision on multiple projects.
● Comfortable reporting and working within sprints.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
● Five to seven years of experience in working with organizations websites and/or digital media projects. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
● Experience working in ecommerce required – min of 1 year subscription experience preferred
● Proven success working on large, complex projects with limited supervision
● Experience evaluating and implementing new technology solutions
Send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to hire immediately.
Check us out at www.shopdev.co